Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my 9000CDE auto 1994 serviced yesturday and asked about repairing the above. I was told that the parts are very expensive. Anyone know how easy they are to replace and where i could get a good second hand part and roughly how much?

Many Thanks
Jeremy

·
Registered
444 Posts
Funny that! I did my Near side headlight wiper motor yesterday. Got it for £20 from salvo in Nottingham (secondhand). It takes abot 20 mins to fit...take off grille and indicator on that side corner (just unclips in engine bay), undo the two screws on top of the headlight and the bolt either side and the wiper unit is visible.Two 10mm headed bolts hold it in place.. unplug the 3 pin plug and out it comes. Oh yes, the wiper blade has to be unbolted from the shaft first of all.
Hope this helps
A

·
Registered
444 Posts
Just in case it wasn't clear, you need to undo the screws on top of the headlight which hold it on the front slam panel and the bolt either side which holds the headlight in place and then gently slide the headlight out. A helper is handy to support the headlight while you do the wiper motor. In all, it's dead easy. Check the shaft is not bent if you get a SH one and some do get a bit noisey so try it on your plug in the engine bay before you part with the readies if poss.
Cheers
AB

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for the info Anthony B, sounds as if I might be able to manage this job. Do you know if the wiper motors and their assembley varies much between different years of saab 9000?
Jeremy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.