Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had the following fault occur on my 98 9000 2l CSE - any suggestions most appreciated:

Turned on ignition and 'both' rear door ventilation fans (the one which blows cold air onto rear widows and is located in rear doors) came on of their own accord, even though ACC control button indicated they were turned off.

Blower stayed on even when ignition was turned back off - until I removed fuse 17 (ACC/EDU/Tailgate).

On one occassion, blower automatically turned off 10 minutes after I had turned ignition off!

I have done a calibration test on ACC and it indicated zero faults of the five tests which it conducts on system.

Sounds like a relay is sticking someplace, but can't find one in Haynes manual and 9000 Owners manual is very limited on info with no relay referenced for rear blower fan.

Anyone had this problem before?
Any suggestions much appreciated, especially root cause and where it might be located (i.e. if it's a relay, etc)

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Can now confirm that the rear door fans actually turn off automatically some 6 to 10 minutes (estimate) after ignition is turned off.

They also turn on, of their own accord, every time I first turn the ignition on, prior to staring engine.

The on/off ACC button for this function has no effect, except to light the local green LED.

The 'consistently' odd behaviour is rather strange!

(Hope computers are not just about to take over our world!!

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
High Paul D(!), looks like youv'e got a rare problem..

One suggestion I received was turn off ignition, remove ACC panel (by removing Saab audio system panel using two small drill bits to push into release access holes in top of panel, then pressing ACC panel out from inside). Then unplug ACC and leave for 5 minutes to fully reset panel (? not sure if this will work), Then re-connecting.

I'll let you know if it works for me when I get around to it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts