Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a strange problem with the rear right door on my 92 9000CS. The interior light intermittently comes on and off when I am driving and the open door display on the dashboard shows the door is open. This display shows the door is open all the time - it's not intermittent. I have looked at the switch, and it appears fine. However this switch (the push switch on the inside of the door frame) is not used for the dashboard mimic - ther must be another one somewhere else, but I can't find it. Anyone any ideas? It keeps setting the alarm off as the interior light sometimes comes on on it's own when I'm parked!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Andy,
Welcome to saabscene. I had a similar problem a few years ago.
The drivers door showed open all the time, the central locking would not work as it saw the door as open.
I found it was a "contact" reed switch located beside the door lock mechanism inside the door.
The reed switch is inside a plastic case, you can open the case cut out the old one and solder in a new one for about 70p from Maplins, or buy a new contact for about £50 from a Saab dealer.

Hope this helps.

Keith

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ah ha - a reed switch lurking in the depths! I did partly remove the door trim, but didn't look at the lock mechanism. I'll take a look at it at the weekend, weather permitting. 70p or £50 - now where did I put my soldering iron.......
Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.