Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just got around to fitting a strut brace and rear ARB upgrade.

Well, they certainly make a difference. I've only been out for one blast, but the understeer is most noticably reduced, and I noticed a hint of mid corner oversteer a couple of times, probably caused by me being less than correct with the throttle application.

Anyone else care to comment on their experience?

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Originally posted by Mark B:
[qb]I've just got around to fitting a strut brace and rear ARB upgrade.

[/qb][/b]
A front strut brace, or a rear? Which ARB upgrade did you fit?

I've only got the front strut brace, which was a noticeable improvement, but a rear ARB upgrade's on my wish list. I'd prefer not to have oversteer, though!

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Abbott front strut brace, Abbott bolt on additional rear ARB.

Describing it as oversteer is probably incorrect, but in place of the traditional terminal understeer I was having to unwind a lot of steering angle in mid corner or whilst exiting corners. I'm sure that I'll get used to it soon enough, and it's probably how the car should behave, but it was quite a surprise in a couple of corners. There was no sense of the back end stepping out or letting go, but I was winding off steering where normally you might expect to be putting a bit more on.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I made my own anti roll bar upgrade on the same lines as the Abbott one using a 2nd hand bar and some brackets that I fabricated. It reduced the understeer and helped to point the car where it should be. Haven't noticed any oversteer tendancy yet but I have always had powerful rear wheel drive cars in the past. I have just put in poly torque arm bushes to go with all the suspension ones, this has sharpened the steering up and reduced torque steer. Next mod will be Bilstein springs and shocks hope this will be a big improvement

1 - 5 of 5 Posts