Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 9k has ACC - looking through the manual, it lists a rear seat ACC fan option. Couple of questions:
1)Can I easily/cheaply add this?Is it just a case of getting a new ACC panel from scrappers - or do you need new fans/sensors in back?
2)Does it make a huge difference?What does it actually do?
3)The rear doors have the fans to demist rear side windows, and also it has vents in the lower part of the rear door. They seem to do nothing. What are they?Are they to do with this rear ACC?

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
I understand this was fitted to CD models (an option?) on certain years and is said to be very troublesome. I had no idea it was available in the UK, but if your handbook mentions it, it must have been. I don't know whether there is anywhere in a CS to mount it.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds a nightmare - I'll forget about that one until I make my first million - although might have to buy a TVR then - keep the carly obviously!
Also rear doors have window fan demistor, they also have vent at bottom of doors - what are they for?they seem to do nothing.

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
3)The rear doors have the fans to demist rear side windows, and also it has vents in the lower part of the rear door. They seem to do nothing. What are they?Are they to do with this rear ACC?  [/b]
One would assume that if the rear acc door fans were to blow acc air onto the rear side windows, it would also need a vent to collect that air???

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.