Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Interested to hear your thoughts on a reasonable price for a Saab 9-3 Vector (1.9 TiD) - 55 plate.

High mileage but full year's MOT - any thoughts on what it should be worth?

Also does anyone have any thoughts on the best place to sell?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,779 Posts
Whats the high mileage?
Service history, full/part?
exterior condition?
Interior condition?

·
Registered
205 Posts
By way of indication, my 56-plate (Jan 2007) 1.9 TiD auto Vector Anniversary saloon, in very good order with a full history, 6 months MoT, and 77,000 miles up, has been valued recently at £2200 - £2500 as a part-ex, £3150 if sold privately. The Parkers, Autotrader and What Car valuations all come out pretty much the same.

On that basis, a similar car at a year older is probably going to fetch maybe £500 less if the mileage is under 100,000. But if there's a lot more than 100k on the clock, or any damage, faults or missing history then you might be looking at £1200 trade-in, and perhaps £1800 to £1900 sold privately.

I must admit I'm a little surprised - I reckon that Saab 93 values are falling a bit faster than say equivalent Volvo S60 prices.

As for where to advertise, I guess Autotrader would be the first port of call, or Gumtree, or Ebay, or possibly the Carandclassic web site.

Plus of course, there's always the Classifieds on here!

Jack

·
Registered
95 Posts
I would think Saab residuals have been affected by the business closing. On the upside, I got a really good deal on my 11 plate SC three years ago precisely because of that, so can't expect it to hang on to too much value.

·
Registered
406 Posts
It'll be worth what somebody is prepared to pay for it. Chances are there's going to be some costly repairs at some point so a lower value will be expected.

Anything over £2,000 is a good sale in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
From the wysebuyer site...assuming 06 on a 55 and no issues

Car valuation adjusted for 100,000 miles

Retail:£3,050The valuations quoted are prices you should aim to pay for a used car, not the advertised price. You should adjust your valuation to allow for extras that were not standard specification.

Private Good:£2,400
Private Average:£2,020
Private Poor:£1,630
Part Exchange:£2,210
Trade:£2,066

·
Premium Member
3,779 Posts
PM me the reg and miles and i'll value it for you.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks all for your comments, some good info there.

Here's a bit more info:
High mileage = 160k!
Has two issues - noisy flywheel and radio doesn't work (think it needs to be plugged back in, haven't got around to looking at it properly).

So the flywheel issue is certainly going to reduce the value by a good few hundred quid. But the fact it has 12+ months MOT is a positive at least!

To be honest I was thinking if I could get £1k at the top end I'd be fairly happy. But not sure if that's realistic? If without issues it would be worth £1500 or so I'd have thought that might be achievable?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts