Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Re: Stupid Question Time

Ant,

I know nothing about the technical side but I'm going to have a stab at this. (Even if I'm wrong somebody will be along to correct me in short order )

Trionic is the Saab proprietry engine management system. A 97 9000 will have Trionic 5 whereas the newer 9-5s will have Trionic 7. It controls such things as the APC and DI pack.

There, that sounds good even if it's complete rubbish. Now to pull on my flame retardent suit and await one of the techies finding the thread.

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
No suit needed Gordy...

Trionic is the result of a lot of development by Saab on turbo engine management. Earlier Saab models had separate units to control fuelling, ignition and boost. Ultimately Saab engineered of of these 3 functiosn together into one package- hence the name Trionic.

9000s had separate DI/APC for ignition/fuelling & boost up until 93.

MY93 saw the introduction of first generation Trionic on some turbo models (notably the Aero). It's a unique Trionic year, not compatible with any others
. MY94 onwards saw the wider introduction of Trionic 5.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.