Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
I found only one that related steamy windows and the replies where to keep in AUTO mode for air-con to clear windows. I did find on web site the "NINES" a dude recommened "Bars Leak" every 24,000 mi.
So I determined between both your suggestions proves to be the heater core.

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
Look for "heater core" or "heater matrix" as we call it over here and you'll find plenty of references. As for Barr's, I know of one US Saab enthusiast who used to be evangelical about it. Between he (a firm believer) and I (an engineer and sceptic), we did some investigation and established that there was no evidence to support his claims or those of the company itself (which was worrying - even their VP of marketing couldn't come up with any), nor any to back my fears. I still wouldn't use it, especially in a modern turbo engine. Confronted with a leaky heater matrix, I'd replace it and not have to worry about it again.

Was his name "Bob"?

·
Registered
4 Posts
First time posting here,and my first Saab,but I will save that for another post.
I did a search on the web abought my fogging up on the inside and I found this place.I have no smell of coolent inside and no wet feet?But I have found if left on auto and I start clear they will stay that way(also drop the side window a little),on a wet cold day forget it the only clear view is straight ahead.so I guess iam still lost I have no smell but the windows still fog up some???

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi all,
I had a similar problem on my 98er CSE....
Turned out that the small motor which switches from "inside circulation" to "get outside air in the car" was defective. Costs me about 80 Euro at the local Saab Centre. Never had foggy windows ever since replacement.
Hope that may help

Rgds
Martin

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hi Martin,
I did notice a differance with the circulator it was much worse. Did hear motor but not sure if flapper is frozen part way. How many seconds per cycle? Say a deflection of "35deg.to be unknown". Still looks like ~WORK~, the beat goes on.
Thanks
Jim

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.