Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Mark,

You can use a generic K&N cone air filter coupled with a CV boot to mate the two together.
The part no is RU 2851 iirc (i will check this) and its rated to 260bhp - i initally used this on my Bosch equipped car and i know Sam (Nuts) fitted it to his Lucas AMM equipped car when i upgraded - he had the amm outer diameter turned down to fit - but as mentioned a CV boot can be used as a 'step down'.
Cost was about £35 for the filter.
Let me know if your intersted or alternatively have a look at http://www.filterpower.co.uk/universal/kn_round_clamp.htm for alternative filters and dimensions - you should be able to find something suitable.

Pete.

·
Registered
3,618 Posts
Sounds very interesting! I've currently got a performance element from JR in the standard airbox. But obviously the snorkle is quite restrictive.

I've heard the induction noise that Saabine (Eric's 900) makes with an open air filter and it's absolutely awesome.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Alternatively Mark you can retain the standard airbox and turn its intake housing to face the front of the car - with a nifty bit of handywork and some form of hose you can get a cold air feed straight into the airbox.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts