Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Re: More questions on this CSE

Hmm sounds like it was worth doing....

A new DI unit is going to be what £150? Call it £200 fitted?

front tyre could be down to a shock, but you would probably notice it while driving, so most liely alignment, but it needs replacing, so thats £80 plus the alignment.

I'd try knocking him down around £300 which is after all 10% ish, at least he's paid for the diagnosis work.....

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
£300 quid is kind of what I was thinking. I haven't managed to speak to the right person at the garage yet for details, but I have discovered that they fitted Bosch plugs.. Doh! They are a Bosch agent I suppose, so you could see that coming. Apparently they have fitted "an exact equivalent of the NGK plug" and I don't need to worry about it Guess what I'll be doing first off? At least a set of plugs is cheap, and I have the silicone grease

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
Originally posted by JohnCC:
[qb]"an exact equivalent of the NGK plug"[/qb][/b]
No point trying to tell them there is no such thing, I suppose. I think I'd do the same in your position - get the car and put in £8-worth of plugs myself.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
OK just spoke to the guy who did the tests. They did nothing else other than take it for a test drive, noticed it was going to 3 cylinders, changed the plugs (NGK out, Bosch in...
) cleaned a bit of carbon build up off one of the "coil towers" as he described it and took it for another drive to verify the problem had gone.

Wow.. he the vendor faxed me the invoice... £118 quid for that! I would have thought they'd at least check the boost pressure for that too

Still reckon I may have to replace the DI soon though, so I should ask for a reduction accordingly.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Well I bought it! Didn't get much reduction, but I am very pleased with it so far, and my wife says she really likes it (and that, frankly, is worth a lot ).

Just wanted to thank you all for your advice and patience.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts