Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I too am new to this site and am relieved to find it. I have a 94 9000 2.3 Turbo Eco. It has what sounds like exactly the same problem as Gary. It drives beautifully, then it has a complete ignition cut out. All the dash lights go black. You cant bump start it, you have to turn off the key and wait for a few minutes, then turn it back on and start it. It'll drive for a little while, then cut again. Each time it runs for a shorter and shorter period, and you have to wait longer and longer for the ignition to reset itself (a relay clicks) before you can start it. It is definitely not a fuel problem, nor a spark plug problem, but something more sinister. I am a mechanic, but I am baffled. CAn anyone help. I love my car, but am on the brink of torching it! [email protected]

·
Registered
5,925 Posts
Welcome to the board monkeyman

This is a relatively common problem (well problems with the DI cartridge are anyway).

Believe they are about £70 - but don't quote me on that!

The DI cartridge is the red thing that sits atop the engine block. It's just held in by 4 bolts - just undo those and the connector.

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
1. New DI Cassettes are circa £130 plus VAT (I know, I bought one on Monday
)

2. I don't think it is the DI if, as stated, everything goes black on the dash- a DI unit dying shouldn't affect the instrumentation. It sounds more like a loose earth connection somewhere to me, although the clicking relay is interesting . However it's worth a try- the test is to subsitute a known good one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts