Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
I have already tried this idea but only with the sort of more obvious earth connections below the bonnet in the engine bay. Truth be told after this things were fine for a spell but suddenly re- appeared with the added element that the car would not start.
I am very glad for your input as all perspectives have value. e.g. I used to be a tractor mechanic and during a specific period of time with factory backing a problem was realised with the mainshaft securing nut in the g/box. Symptoms were a knocking when going from f/ward to reverse and vica versa. (synchromeshed) A friend asked me to look at his tractor with these symtoms and with him in the driving seat and me on the footstep there was a massive clank after shifting. I was certain we needed to delve into the g/box and in the midst of delivering the bad news his brother strolls up and proclaims that the wheel nuts are loose and there is noticable freeplay between drive flange and wheel!
An obvious basic thing over looked by a more 'fashionable' remedy! Be aware be very aware!

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
For the dash bits I'd check fuse contacts and relays. I'm not sure if most/all the dash is powered from a single source.

My old 900 wouldn't fire up the dash when the battery was flat and was bump started until the alternator kicked in properly.

Andrew

1 - 3 of 3 Posts