Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
re: ecu

I know that there has been a similar post on the forum, but how can you tell if your ecu has being upgraded or not?
I took out the ecu last night to look at it and noticed serial numbers all over it and the words :-

ATE - Controller

ABS BRakes/ TCS etc.

is this the std ecu.

Cheers in advance

Tony

·
Registered
430 Posts
It does appear that you've found the wrong ecu.

If you remove the plastic cover panel that runs the full width of the engine compartment just infront of the windscreen (or some cars I've seen you only have to remove a few bolts at the nearside end & you can 'peel' the cover back .

This gives you access to the void which contains ,amongst other things, the ECU.
It's located at the nearside & is clipped into position on a small bulkhead. It can be easily slid out of position while leaving the cable connected.

I don't know if any other tuners do the same thing but my Speedparts ECU is marked 'SPEEDPARTS' in clear black lettering. Gives a bit of a clue that it's not standard.

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
Originally posted by whitesaab:
[qb]I don't know if any other tuners do the same thing but  my Speedparts ECU is marked 'SPEEDPARTS' in clear black lettering.[/qb][/b]
My Maptun ECU just looks like any other. However, a clue is the boost needle hitting the horizontal position.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.