Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I currently have an MBC fitted to my car, the reason it was fitted was because of erratic boost delivery, which I think was the first signs of the DI failure rather than a problem with the APC.

I have now decided to refit the APC and disconnect the MBC, can anyone please tell me what hose goes where on the APC please ? and make it really basic !

Many thanks

Andy

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
the pipe to the wastegate actuator goes to the middle tap on the wastegate solenoid, the pipe and the tapping should have a 'w' on them both.

The tapping on the compressor side of the turbo goes to the tapping on the solenoid with a 'c' on it can't remember if it's top, but it really is labelled.

Finally the last pipe goes from the inlem plastic piping to the 'r' labelled solenoid tapping.

Andrew

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Top outlet on APC solenoid - labelled 'C'- goes to nipple on turbo compressor housing (probably where the input to your mbc comes from at the moment).

Middle outlet - labelled 'W' - goes to wastegate actuator (most likely where the outlet of your mbc goes to at the moment)

Bottom outlet - labelled 'R' - goes to the nipple on the inlet pipe to the turbo (the bit between turbo and air filter)

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Manyt thanks for that

APC is all fitted up and working nicely again !

Is an adaption run necessary once again ?

Cheers

Andy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts