Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Re: 9-5 Suspension upgrade

Originally posted by dicreamio:
[qb]Does the upgrade make much difference from the standard setup?.

Michael [/qb][/b]
Night and day..on the assumption that we are talking lowering springs and Koni adjustables or similar.

When I bought a s/h Saab 9-5 a couple of years back I swore at myself for not taking a longer test drive. The ride was wallowy and uninvolving, especially as my car had the commonplace "worn rear shocks syndrome".

£500 and a few bruised knuckles later the car was transformed.At last the car did what you asked it and there was a great compromise between handling and comfort. Of course you then need to look at more power.....

·
Registered
341 Posts
Your spot on there I fitted it with the help of a friend over the weekend... and it actually doesnt wobble any more. Once again I am enjoying my drive . As for more power... Im currently running on a stage 1 PPC BSR upgrade... so the next thing is Stage1R and then upwards!.

Well worth the 5 hours work!.

Michael

·
Registered
737 Posts
Dicreamio,
Sorry to go off topic but with the PPC stage 1 for your 98 9-5 you will need a new ECU to 'manage' the red injectors if you go to stage 1R - a massive cost implication as essentially the PPC becomes a redundant piece. Unless youve heard otherwise PLEASE tell me!!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts