Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I've managed to find instructions and diagrams for removing and refitting the assembly but from reading this site dashboard rattles seem very common in 9000s. Is it worth trying to pull the dash apart to fix, or is this just what 9000s do?

·
Registered
47 Posts
I've noticed a rattle coming from the passenger airbag area on my Griffin but have decided to leave it, less I create more squeaks and rattles whilst removing and refitting the dash. But the rattle's pretty much bearable on mine, once the radio is on or a CD playing you can't hear it.

·
Registered
213 Posts
My MY95 CSE had a rattle from the passenger airbag.
So I carefully undid a couple of torque screws and removed the panel beneath the main airbag panel with the srs badge, and thus found that a plastic mounting point on the left hand side had cracked which was causing vibration to be carried through the left hand side, at that time it was really really annoying so went to my garage and found a suitable screw and wound it through, it was never meant as a permenant fix although now the rattle is gone priority changes to other things.
So the principle is at least have a look may be something simple, you could always disconnect the battery for at least 30mins this should disable the airbag.

Good luck

Dulux

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.