Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noyiced that if it is raining and you open the front windows, rain has a tendancy to travel from the windscreen over the door sills and in through the window. For such a class car I am surprised Saab overlooked this point

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
I always drive with the top of the window down slightly(which means top and front) - force of habit I think - and was regularly drenched with water coming off the roof at the first left hander you took after it had been standing in a shower - the same thing use to happen with the screen washers as water tracked up and across the windscreen and in around the door pillar - worse if the wiper helped it on its way

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Some of us have the nasty habit of smoking, and of course we don't want to get the ashtray dirty.
this should provoke some comments, but as there is'nt much on the board in the technical way, we might as well moot on this

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
I didn't have air con so next best thing. and i smoked
- BTW it didn't have to be raining at the time, the water had already accumulated - in fact was worse when it had stopped as you suddnely got an unexpected shock

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Some of us have the nasty habit of smoking, and of course we don't want to get the ashtray dirty.
this should provoke some comments[/b]
£@**[email protected] right it should. As a motorcyclist I've had the misfortune to get a tossed out *** end in the face. It is a nasty dangerous habit likely to cause roadside fires as well as injury to other road users and littering is against the law any way. Use your ashtray or better still give up smoking.
Or maybe if you keep your window open in the rain the water will get in and put your *** out

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
It is a nasty dangerous habit likely to cause roadside fires

Not with all that rain coming down I acutally did use my ashtray for what it was designed for and since changing car in September gave up smoking in the car - I have now got air con but also got fed up with the *** burns on the seats

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Derek I appreciate what you are saying, and agree with you. I do not throw my cigarette butt out of the window as I appreciate how M/Cyclists could get hurt, and I am always alert to motorcyclists.
I also appreciate that not all of us act in the same manner, and in the same course hope that you are not a M/C that likes to cut up cars and overtake down the middle of two lanes of traffic.

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Maybe an urban legend or maybe it was a friend who did this but story goes that a *** butt (still burning) thrown from car hits his chest (riding M/C) lands on seat between legs. He manages to pick it up and at the lights (just ahead) pops it back through the open window of the offending car driver

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Now this was a thread to invoke some humour. and witty comment, but I am afaid I am at a loss with
the pipe that " AL " smokes. so come ye all, someone must have a answer to it.

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Potentially much worse than a *** butt, I had a wasp in my helmet
(no, don't even go there!?).
I always check now as it had got cosy in there prior to me putting it on.

It's a perenial problem, dodging the *** butts, but light relief after some of the antics people on four wheels get up to at times. I'm lucky in that I'm usually in my Transit when these things happen....

Nick.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Nick your bit about "antics" reminded me of a thought I had today whilst driving. I saw a car with compulsory " BABY on BOARD" sticker. Is it's purpose to warn other drivers that the driver is quite likely to swerve or stop suddenly because the baby has started to cry.

·
Registered
16,524 Posts
If you want to know about things falling out of vehicles.........

Following the gang's Transit along the main road to town after work.

Rear doors open a bit. Bare ar5e appears.

And, Yes! He did!! All along the road.....

I backed off quickly and the man who overtook me wished he hadn't

Sorry, bit off topic, it was a nice warm evening with no rain at all

1 - 20 of 39 Posts