Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings from Pennsylvania.., where I recently purchased at auction, a 1991 Saab 9000. Included with it was a packet of information that the original owner received. Unfortunately, the code for the Clarion radio unit was not with it. Since the packet (from 1991) mentions a dealer that apparently no longer is in business, it there another way that codes can be accessed? It seems a shame to throw this radio away. Any suggestions would be appreciated! Larry Morris

·
Registered
129 Posts
As far as I know, any dealer should be able to supply you with the radio code. I think it's looked up via the VIN. Generally you need to show some proof of registration as well.

mike
1993 9000CDE n/a auto
155K mi

·
Registered
545 Posts
If you can not get the correct code from the dealer, try an auto electrician that deals in radios. They should be able to decode it. This is what I had to do when I was unable to obtain the 5 figure code. The auto electrician was able to read the code from the chip in the radio with some special software. Cost was about £20 but cheaper than a new radio.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.