Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep just exactly that!, I'm driving along about say 50-60ish sometime's slower/faster, the next thing the radio's off aerial's down the lot.
Iv'e never had before in anything has anyone alse, I'm totaly stumped.
Well obviously it's loosing power/everything somewhere but where.
All the connection's are ok, and it's the proper factory connector.
Oh and the radio's fine, I had it my other car without any prob's.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
You need to establish if the fault lies with the radio or the supply. If there are other things on the same fuse do they also stop working? Try wiring a small bulb across the supply connection at the back of the radio. If it goes out the supply is intermittent, if it doesn't the problem is in the radio. If the supply is the problem check that the fuse is clean and fitting securely. Also check the fuseholder terminals.

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
I had a a not totally dissimilar problem a while back in my C900.

Somebody had previously installed a power amp in the boot underfloor space. They'd taken a feed from the electric aerial actuation line to the amp... but then ripped the amp out and left the wire dangling. As I drove and went over bumps, it intermittently muted the radio

Could be something similar.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If it goes out the supply is intermit if it doesn't the problem is in the radio.[/QB][/b]
As stated it's not the radio it works fine I tried it in my BM and (as I thought) it's fine so it's something in the Saabs wiring, but god knows what.
Ic'e checked the fuse (and holder) it's ok or it probably wouldnt work at all.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I've had that happen to the standard (removable keypad) radio in my 96 CDE.

It went off, the aerial retracted and the radio wouldn't turn on again. I think I had just changed station or switched from radio to cassette (or vice versa).

I checked the fuse, everything else on that circuit seemed to be OK, so I resigned myself to taking the car to a tech or buying another radio. Next time I used the car the radio worked OK and has done ever since.

Intermittent power loss seems the likely explanation, so I'm waiting for 'the other shoe to drop'.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.