Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My saab audio system 2.3 cse t 1995 have a fault somewhere either in the electric arial or the power source to the radio cassette as when i'm driving alone the damn thing keeps turning itself on and off and as this happens the arial goes up and down. The cars behind must think i'm a right twatt and it is most annoying.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Does anyone have a set of pins to remove said radio or advice?

Could it be the earth lead on the arial and how do i get to that?

Also i am intending to fit new plugs are the best NGK BCPR7ES and what should the gap be set to??

Nik

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Originally posted by nik:
[qb]Also i am intending to fit new plugs are the best NGK BCPR7ES  and what should the gap be set to??[/qb][/b]
Yes only fit NGK BCPR7ES. They should be gapped at 1.1mm. When you see them sold as NGK BCPR7ES-11 it simply means they are pre-gapped at 1.1mm. HTH

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
A bad earth would not cause the aerial to cycle as you describe,there is a loose connection somewhere between the radio and antenna,I cannot help in taking the radio out,but that is where you need to start.
mike

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
I replaced the whole radio unit. It was one of the saab ones with the little square removable button panel and I am pretty sure that was the problem. Reseating the connectors didn't help but replacing the radio did. The radio system is on standard plugs so its no problem to switch it over for a new one.

Steve

·
Registered
187 Posts
the pins you mention to remove the stereo can be bought from any car stereo supplier or failing that use an old wire coat hanger cut into 2 large u shapes and put them into the 4 holes squeeze and pull together this worked for mine assuming that is it is the same type you are refering to

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.