Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, been a guest here for quite a while having swapped my Alfa 164 for a 93 9000 CSE non-turbo. Sound descision, the 164 was good, just the 9000 is better.

Yesterday, however I came across two so far unsolved problems.

1. for the last couple of months I have had a crack sound coming from the front suspension. Convinced it was from the near-side and that the wheel bearing was at fault I replaced it, however the sound remains, its not the track rod and beacuse I replaced that also and the bottom ball joint felt smooth with no play. The sound also occurs when at low speed going over a bump, eg reversing off the drive and also low speed breaking. Brakes appear to be in order and cannot feel any play in the steering. Any pointers?

2. The second issue is a consequence of the first. I tried to disconnect the ABS sensor at the wheel, but it was stuck so I followed the wire back with a view to finding a connecter. I removed the battery to get better access, knowing I had the radio code. However now everything is all back in place the radio will not come on. The display says CODE, input my 5 digit code and then come up with 'IN' but still no sound. Are there any buttons that have to be pressed to start the sequence, or complete the sequence? Thinking I may have caused a lock out, I pulled the fuse overnight to clear, but same result this morning. The radio is the standard fit Saab 9000 with separate CD in two DIN slots, 93, non detatchable front. I have done a search, but not really found a solution.

Any help will be appreciated.

·
Registered
353 Posts
May help:

If an incorrect code is put in then you may have to wait 30 min ( ? ) before you put it in again- remember to leave the ignition ON during this time . Then try again ( hope this helps )

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.