Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
afternoon all,

as I am about to disconnect the battery, noticed that my saab stereo unit has a detatchable keypad and it needs a code if power is lost it.

I purchased this car some 3 weeks ago and I do not have this code, is it as easy as contacting saab with the VIN number and them giving it to me ?

TIA Haggag01

·
Registered
4,626 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
I purchased this car some 3 weeks ago and I do not have this code, is it as easy as contacting saab with the VIN number and them giving it to me ?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would have thought that SAAB would want to be sure you were the registered owner.

There are plenty of repair shops that can do this for you, alternatively - although I suspect you have already looked, there might be some documentation with the handbook, or failing this perhaps one of the previous owners has already had thios problem in which case you might be lucky and find the number marked on the radio.

(Have you tried asking the previous owner?)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hello,

I had exactly the same problem a few years back shortly after getting the car.

Assuming it is the factory fit all I did was call the local main dealer and gave them the registration number of the vehicle and they told me there and then over the phone.

Might be different now and you have to prove you are the owner.

Hope this helps

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.