Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed some grime on my 4 week old electric aerial on my 92 9000 CDiS and began cleaning it whilst in the extended position
with the radio/cd on. As soon as I touched the top of the aerial the sound crackled then went off. I have checked my installation handywork and all appears in order. The combined radio/cd powers up ok and displays all my usual pre-programmed radio stations and the aerial extends and retracts no problem at all but still no sound in either radio or cd (Sony) mode. Any ideas?? What could have happened?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
all I can think of is a strange short at the aerial putting 12V back down the line to the stereo???

Try disconnecting the aerial and seeing if you get the CD to run?
I assume the facia is 'on' OK and you are missing sound only?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply Faero. Disconnected the aerial, no difference cd is playing track ok but still no sound although at maximum volume there is the slightest hint of something but virtually impossible to distinguish if it is the track or not

Colin

·
Registered
706 Posts
If possible you might want to try running the player out of the car to see if there's anything wrong with the head unit.

Try connecting it to a battery and some old speakers etc out of the car.

A strange short may have somehow damaged the output section of the head unit.

Skiddins

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
By way of a post script I left the car in with a local auto electrician for a diagnostic. He confirmed that the cd/tuner is faulty and on the plus side did not charge me for his time, a good guy is what I say. Now scouring ebay auctions for a replacement unit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.