Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am I right in thinking that a Manual 9K Rad is the same as a auto 9K rad except theres an oil cooler attached to where theres a plastic plate on the manual rad, and the two holes at the top and bottom of the rad which are filled with screw in bungs on the manual are opened and the auto box pipes are attached. I only gathered this by removing one off a manual and then comparing to the auto's one. I reckon with the plastic plate taken off the manual rad and the oil cooler and pipes removed from the auto rad I want to replace I could match them together fine. Or have I missed something?

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have just replaced the radiator on my manual 9k due to a leak. It had been fitted with an auto radiator. I replaced it with a manual radiator.

As you looked down at the auto rad from above there were two extra fittings on the left side for the auto gearbox oil pipework connection. The cooler looks to be an integral part of the radiator. On the manual rad the extra pipe fittings are not there.

Hope this helps.

Keith

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How come the Oil pipes from the Auto box go into the radiator seemingly where the Coolant is. As they don't go straight to the oil cool rad like you would have thought they would. Hence my question on if a manual will swapover with some modification.

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
Originally posted by The Scrappy formerly known as KSow1:
[qb]Will the Oil cooler come off though? Or are they permanent fixings to the radiator.[/qb][/b]
Yup, they will come off, although access to the securing bolts is a little fraught. The top one is obvious; the lower two are (as I remember) on the side circa 60mm up from the bottom of the radiator, spaced about 20mm apart horizontally. Working from underneath, you only need to loosen them, not remove them totally as the bracket simply sits on them. You can then remove the radiator leaving the oil cooler in situ.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So in other words, the Radiator part of the (k's are pretty universal and mine off my manual, if it looks the same will probably fit an auto if the oil cooler is left where it is.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.