Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every time I go round a corner, the check radiator light goes on, and then turns off when back level again. I think I just need to top up the fluid a little (although it's not below the min level yet). Can I just add water for the top-up? Or do I need proper rad fluid?

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Agree with Mark E.

If it's a one off, then a small top up with fresh water will be OK.

But, repetative top up's will dilute your antifreeze, which also doubles up as a corrosion inhibitor!

·
Registered
393 Posts
If the problems persists then you might want to start looking for a leak. I had this happen on my car and for ages couldn't find where the leak was. In the end I found that the thermostat in the radiator had loosened slightly. It wasn't obvious when the car was hot because the leak was small and the leaking fluid just evaporated. It wasn't obvious when the car was cold either because it didn't drip onto the ground. But, after leaving the car standing cold for several hours I curled my finger round to the underside of the thermostat and it came away wet. A quarter turn with a spanner cured it! A nice simple fix!

Cheers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.