Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to replace my second leaking radiator and while I was at it I thought I'd give the whole system a flush....but looking at the old radiator and the intercooler they look pretty crudded up outside with bugs wings and grime and it made me wonder if it is worth pressure washing them occasionally to de-crud them outside as well? Will they stand up to a bit of pressure washing, or will I have to do it another way?
Kev

·
Registered
11,343 Posts
I would be careful about pressure washing, especially the intercooler - the fins are quite fragile and easily bent.

Note: The water pressure from a pressure washer can be enough to remove the paint from your car if it is concentrated in one area.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeh, I discovered the power of my pressure washer on narrow jet when washing my sand stone shed and nearly cutting it in half . I would have gone a bit more carefully with a spread jet and a bit more distance for the rad/intercooler, but it may just not be worth the risk. Presumable I could plug the ends and give it a hot bath and a gentle rub down the fins with a brush though?
Kev

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.