Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
**** PUBLIC SAAB ANNOUNCEMENT ****

If you must indulge in a litte traffic light grandprix action.. please bear the following points in mind...

1) KNOW YOUR ENEMY.
Make sure you can eyeball an M5 from a 518 at twenty paces.. make sure you know your vital stats.. torque and power to weight ratios of your prospective victim, just in case you've chosen to out-drag a Caterham supersport.

2) HAVE THE RIGHT EQUIPMENT.
Don't go trying to race your 150HP LPT (or NA 2.3) against a Mercedes E55 AMG.. it's not bright and it's not clever. If you want to giant slay.. I suggest that several thousand pennies are spent with Maptun/Chipcentre/BSR/Abbott/Hirsch.

3) DRIVE WELL, SAFELY and WITHIN THE LIMITS OF YOUR CAR.
Nothing screws up street cred more, than stuffing your pride and joy in to some unsuspecting lamp post, because you fluffed a gear change and didn't look where you were going.

I thank you..

This has been a Public SAAB Announcement to combat 'Swedish Hairdryer' jokes on other BBSs around the world.

Happy

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
All very true, unless of course, you want to see the big, bad, really fast car get driven how it should!

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
lol @MarkA.

Yesterday pulled up to the front of the inside lane of a dual carriageway at some t/lights. Up screeched a lowered Saxo/spoilers/you know the rest- beside me in the outside lane.
Lights go green, thought that i would pull away a little quicker than normal, nothing brash- almost cried when i heard the Saxo next to me bouncing off the rev limiter
. This guy was going for it.
Nice thing is, i wasnt even using half throttle and i had 6 bags/150kg of Cement in the boot as well( am relaying a patio). Came to the next lights about 2 miles up the road, Saxo this time pulled in behind me Spose his ego had enough of a battering for one day- and it was only 9am.

Thats what i like about a powerful, torquey engine; plenty of go with little effort.
God knows what strain that little Saxo engine was going through at 6-7k rpms. Dont think that i went over 3000 rpm in any gear

·
Registered
696 Posts
Originally posted by MarkA:
[qb]**** PUBLIC SAAB ANNOUNCEMENT ****

If you must indulge in a litte traffic light grandprix action.. please bear the following points in mind...          

1) KNOW YOUR ENEMY.

2) HAVE THE RIGHT EQUIPMENT.
Don't go trying to race your 150HP LPT (or NA 2.3) against a Mercedes E55 AMG.. it's not bright and it's not clever. If you want to giant slay.. I suggest that several thousand pennies are spent with Maptun/Chipcentre/BSR/Abbott/Hirsch.

3) DRIVE WELL, SAFELY and WITHIN THE LIMITS OF YOUR CAR.

I thank you..

This has been a Public SAAB Announcement to combat 'Swedish Hairdryer' jokes on other BBSs around the world.          

Happy      :fawlty:  [/qb][/b]
So now they are saying that I may not interfear in Races on the public road...

Hmm anyboday got an spare Aero so we can swop some parts

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
To that warning should also be added" racing any other SAAB driver". After trauncing a more than willing 9-3SE victim on the M1 today, I must have left behind a traumatised SAAB driver sporting a Abbott Racing sticker on his boot lid. Sad really, but I couldn't turn down such a blatent show of disrespect for my baby

1 - 7 of 7 Posts