Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Has anyone got the JR Filter Kit fitted to their V6 (900 or 9000)? If so, has it given much improvememt over the standard airbox.

·
Registered
368 Posts
hi ian
ive got the jr filter fitted on my 9000 .i can say u notice a better performance with a slight bit more induction noise

·
Registered
682 Posts
Ian,i have fitted the JR filter to my new 9-3ss Aero and yes it does improve the initial throttle response but the downside for me is i can hear the induction noise an awfull lot more than with the standard item.

Its staying in the car though as i just turn the stereo up a bit more

Try Elkparts for the filter,i found them to be the cheapest.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
I've had the JR filter in my 9000 for a year now. Not more noisy and yes a bit more responsive at higher revs/speeds. I'd let it go for 10k miles without cleaning, and there was a definite improvement afterwards !

Oops sorry, I've just noticed you're talking about the airbox as well, I've just got the filter.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
I've got one in my 9-3 2.3i. It's made the car more responsive above about 3k. Not really noticed an increase in induction noise.

I was hoping I would get an improvement in fuel economy but it seems just the same. However, I will save a little in the long run as the filter can be cleaned rather than thrown away .

·
Registered
608 Posts
I am running the JR filter with the induction kit on my 9000 2.3T and I have noticed a big increase in induction noise, performance wise, I cant say if it alone makes a difference, but, along with the other mods I have then I am sure it does make a difference

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
t's n6t a h4ge a064nt 6f 06ney s6 5 th5n2 '33 g5e (turn numlock on the laptop off and start again)

It's not a huge amount of money so I think I'll give it a try and see what the result is.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts