Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a 'new' 9000 and have a couple of quirks.
Firstly, there does not appear to be the EDU (display of useful stuff under the dash clocks) I am hoping that the thing is just not illuminated but is there any way to check if one is fitted ?
Secondly, whenever I am driving, particularly at night, and switch on the indicators, lights, in fact anything electrical, the illumination on the dash flickers and then the 'engine lights' (oil, ABS, petrol ec.) flicker on then off , the radio switches off then on, and on one occasion, the engine had a little gudder !?!

Please tell me this is normal on the 9000 and I have nothing to worry about ;-)

·
Registered
5,925 Posts
Not sure what you mean on the first point - do you just mean the computer display with the MPG figures, miles left in tank and so on? If it is this, these are standard.

On the second point, I'm afraid that does not sound normal at all :-(

However, a common problem on 9000's is the electrics, so possibly a problem there.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help, but welcom to the Board anyway!

Kevin Mc

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep, the Owners Book shows mpg and the other stuff. I have an Auto so should see the PNRD32 etc.

Anyway ... Nothing.

Could be a buld gone ?

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Jon

ps. Not new to Saabs, just the 9000. First one was a 93E (left hand drive, doors the wrong way round) 96 Monte Carlo (750cc 8 stud head, 4 speed) plus various 99's etc. Wish I had kept the old stuff but when young and poor and no space ....

·
Registered
5,925 Posts
Could be a bulb.

My computer display has gone totally, and have been told that if you shine a torch on the display, if it is just the bulb(s), you should be able to see the LCD display / figures.

Kevin Mc
1991 9000 Carlsson 2.3T

·
Registered
169 Posts
Pressing and holding info & R buttons simultaneously cycles through options such as MPG, MPG imp, km/l etc, and an option where the PRND32 display is no longer illuminated. Illumination returns on the next cycle of press and hold.

Also, ensure knurled thumbwheel to right of steering wheel is on max/up position; this is dash light rheostat.

Have found my electrics "quirky", with temporary falllouts, particularly the temp gauge. Seems to resurrect spontaneously, when the gremlins go to sleep.

Cheers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.