Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just picked up my new 'beast' and driven it back home, bought mats etc from Halfords but i have noticed there is no LED when the alarm is set, but it does mention one in the manual.
Where abouts is it, and has anyone else had a problem with it not lighting up?

Also, is there a way of stopping the alarm from chirping the horn when it sets and is turned off, i hate it!

Thanks
Skiddins

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
The red LED is on the dash top, right hand side, in the middle of the speaker grille.
No you can't get rid of the chirping horn, these Saab alarms are non-programmable, unlike the newer ones in the 9-5.

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
Damn................
I specifically asked the dealer this very question 2 months ago, and they said it could'nt be done......what do they know anyway!!!
Mine is a '96 as well, did a Saab dealer do this for you or someone else?

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've had the horn 'chirps' removed completely.

Haymill Saab In Slough did it, they were very helpfull, though at first they thought they might only be able to reduce the volume.
Cost me £22 (1/2 hours labour).
They said it can be set to reduce the volume etc as well, but i wanted it removed, i know when i've set the alarm and i don't need sound of a horn to tell me what i've done.

Skiddins

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.