Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently fitted the MY02 Aero suspension on my 95 at the dealer's. However i have heard or read somewhere previously that the Aero anti roll bar is only very slightly thicker than the standard one. Was thinking of changing to the Abbott anti roll bar as i am not completely satisfied with the handling of my car as yet. Do you think its a worthwhile change? Is the Abbott bar any thicker/stiffer/better than the Aero's?? Thanks for your suggestions ....

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Leon, mine is a MY02 lpt ... read that the increase is only 1mm ... haha so i guess the Abbott bars won't make much of a difference after all ...

·
Registered
16,524 Posts
Don't forget that the 1 mm is made up of half a millimetre all round the outside of the original bar. It is extra metal at the longest leverage distance so it will have a disproportionate effect on the stiffness.

Too late to look in the reference book, but guessing 10% stiffer, maybe more.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah guess so ... I should have gone for the Abbott suspension setup right from the start, but the Aero suspension came cheap so i decided otherwise. Guess i would have to wait till my dampers wear out before fitting the koni ones. I feel like changing the springs though, the gap between the wheel and the arch is still pretty huge but my tire already files my arch when i have 4 pple sitting at the back I will try to get a picture of my car posted here so u know what i mean ... but i dont know how to do it .. it failed the last time i tried

·
Registered
706 Posts
Might be worth trying to fit polyurethane bushes to the roll bar etc to reduce it's movement at other points.

Skiddins

·
Registered
137 Posts
I'm not too sure about the 9000, but I just put a rear roll bar on my 97 900T..... Got it from SAS, and it looked like it was double in size, as compared to the hollow-like sway/roll bar I took off.

I just put it on over the weekend, and the car feels beautiful in tight turns. Seems to be less effort, and a more positive feel in turns; but a definate improvement.

I'm still trying to catch up to most of you guys with the stars and ratings....will post pictures shortly.

DC

1 - 11 of 11 Posts