Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to buy a Saab 9000 recently. Could anyone give me some comments about the differences between 9000CD and 9000CS except the 9000CS has 5-door body style. Further, SAAB also has 9000CDE and 9000CSE version, I'm wondering what the meaning of 'E' is? and what is the differences from the CD or CS version?

Thanks in advance.

Rhapsody/1-26-01

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Additionally..
'E' stands for 'Executive' and as stated relates to enhanced equipment level.

The only difference I am aware of between CS and CD (and I have had them both) is the difference in the design of the rear end of the car, in terms of hatchback and saloon.
Off course, the hatchback (CS) rear seats also drop down whereas the saloon has a ski hatch where the armrest drops down.

With the CS parcel shelf in situ you can actually pack more into the boot of the CD (I think the saloon boot actually extends further than the CS as with most cars, e.g. VW Golf and Jetta), than the CS.

The CS comes into it's own when you need to carry a BIG load (2 seat sofa, etc!). But for general use I prefered the CD as loading the boot doesn't mean water drips into the speakers on a wet day (as it does on the CS - running off the open boot hatch!) and the kids don't get windswept! Although, I do prefer the style of the CS. Other than that its largely a matter of right car at right price and personal choice.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Another thing to take note of when choosing the correct model is if you are going for the a turbo version, you have the choise of FULL power turbo, or the LOW POWER TURBO, for your info this is commonly known as and ECO or LPT model. I expect you know this anyway Rhapsody, but as you were asking anyway about CS, CD differences etc..
Andy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts