Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that APC was introduced in 1982 but was not on all cars. What I want to know is that if it doesn't say "APC" on the stock boost gauge, does this mean it is not equiped with APC?

I'm looking into getting an '82 C900 T8. See my post in the C900 section

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
IIRC correctly though, my parents had at least one NA C900 injection with APC. On a turbo though surely the easiest way to tell is to look in the engine bay for an APC solenoid?

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
Originally posted by JohnCC:
[qb]IIRC correctly though, my parents had at least one NA C900 injection with APC.[/qb][/b]
I think you can't be remembering correctly, then, as
APC is solely a form of boost control and nothing else. No boost, no use for APC.

·
Registered
276 Posts
APC was introduced to the 8v turbo from MY83 onwards which means all car before Oct 82 (I think) were non-APC. I had a 3 door which was registered on 1 Aug 82 and that was non-APC.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Originally posted by BillJ:
[qb] QUOTE
[qb] IIRC correctly though, my parents had at least one NA C900 injection with APC.[/qb][/b]
APC is solely a form of boost control and nothing else. No boost, no use for APC. [/qb][/b][/quote]Wierd .. I wonder what I am remembering? Was there ever a system that varied ignition timing on NA cars to prevent pinking with lower octane fuels?

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
[qb] QUOTE
Originally posted by BillJ:
[qb]  
[qb] IIRC correctly though, my parents had at least one NA C900 injection with APC.[/qb][/b]
APC is solely a form of boost control and nothing else. No boost, no use for APC. [/qb][/b]
Wierd .. I wonder what I am remembering? Was there ever a system that varied ignition timing on NA cars to prevent pinking with lower octane fuels? [/qb][/b][/quote]EZK on later C900 cars?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts