Registered
4,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
q for cd owners

Just been to IKEA to have a wallet meltdown
4 trolleys worth !!
however I thought no problem
stick the back seats down it will all go in a treat...err no
(btw this is a loaner from wmss as my aero is being re-built )

the seat squab comes up (eventually )
but no clips to loosen off and drop the back seat
It looks as if it should ...but (in this one anyway) the seat back is bolted in position !!
seems a big over sight on SAAB's part...I had a 2 door 900 classic and the rear seats folded down...

luckily my son's new seat ibiza swallows the resultant overspill !!

now where is my electric screwdriver .....

·
Registered
231 Posts
Re: q for cd owners

According to my handbook it's designed to be that way.

However, SAAB have thoughtfully provided a hatch (secured by velcro) which enables you to push long thin items through from boot to rear seating area, as long as you have the armrest down!

As a plus you can also use the central lap strap to secure the load.

·
Registered
2,277 Posts

'Fraid it's so Ylee,

Saab definatly missed a trick there, and I was at Ikea when I had that feeling as well
. I think they were after better torsional stiffness (it was claimed by Saab on the launch of the CD IIRC) and some of it might well have been achieved by bolting the seat in place...?

Nick.

·
Registered
4,895 Posts

Yep, the seat in the CD is fixed to provide extra shell stiffness and a quieter ride. All you have is that little poxy porthole which is only adequate for curtain rails, kinda makes it useless for handling most long loads, e.g. Carly side skirts! I do miss the versatility of the hatch, I realise now what a shame it is that Saab have stopped making large hatchbacks!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.