Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

Push Down Single Wipe Fault

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  AlexMichaels 
#1 ·
Hi,

New again to the forum!

I was on here a number of years ago...tried some other makes of car and decided eventually to get another 9-5 Aero, 2008 with 66k miles.

Car is very clean, however I have found a slight issue with the push down 1 x wipe function. Sometimes it works, sometimes needs a firm press and hold for a second to work and occasionally the blades will stop halfway up the screen and another press will get them to complete the cycle.

All the other wiper functions are fine.

I was wondering if this could possibly be old/worn contacts in the wiper stalk or worn wiring at the wiper motor.

Any thoughts appreciated!

Thanks.

#2 ·
Alex, My experience of this sort of thing was with a 2003 9-5. This started to be hesitant to do a single wipe. I turned out to be the 'self park' contact in the wiper gearbox. There is a circular contact strip with a gap in it that corresponds to the 'Park' position. This and the other contact that slides round it get worn and spark eroded such that it needs a longer contact to activate. Ultimately it got very dodgy on intermittent operation, 'stalling' a couple of times per cycle.

Really will need replacement when it gets too bad.

Paul @ Kippen

#4 ·
Hi, my ‘03 9-5 had a similar issue where the intermittent wipers had no adjustment and would sometimes stop half way as well. Turned out to be a small broken wire in the wiper switch at the base where it attaches to the steering column. I was able to solder it back together and haven’t had any issues since. Good luck and enjoy your new 9-5!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.