Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been searching for a Saab estate for around the £2000 Mark and have found one from a guy selling it on 78k miles. I test drove it yesterday and it drives very smoothly. I did however come across a couple of issues but I'm not sure how serious they may be. Firstly, there occasionally popped up a warning line stating water in the fuel. The guy told me not to worry about that but I'm not certain. Is that a common issue? Secondly, they're a a clunking noise from under the car whenever we went over any bump, accelerated hard or brakes hard, almost like there was something in the boot? Has this happened to anyone before? Any help/advice would be appreciated, thanks!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Clinking could be a broken coil spring or bushes?. Water in the fuel, sure a fuel filter change would sort it, perhaps it’s been skipped on a low mileage car.....

·
Registered
27 Posts
My 2008 TiD has 177, kilometres NOT miles. I am 3rd owner since 125,k. Never had either of your issues. It has been pretty well looked after (especially Me). I have done the fuel filter as a matter of course (normal). DEFINITELY do the cam belt/water pump, especially if you don't think it has been done.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, my 2008 TiD had to have both fuel filter and the water sensor replaced (the sensor is only about £25) - should solve that issue

In regards to knocking noises other than what has been suggested, check if the rear brake pad retainer clips need changing. My car developed loud knocking noises after pads and discs had been replaced but it turned out to be just the clips at fault

You might also want to look over YouTube there are plenty of useful maintenance tips on here (cyclone cyd is worth checking out)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts