Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning peeps,

Anyone know what it could be? Apparently it's ok when I'm accelerating, but just a quick puff when I change gear? Could it be something to do with the vacuum pulling oil into something?

Yours totally peeved.

1994 9000 Aero.

Mark

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Slightly OT, but maybe relevant..

A question for those that know about turbos: I have been talking to a company called Turbo Dynamics in Christchurch about a turbo for another car, and they told me that they can strip a turbo and fit a new "core assembly" (IIRC) and check the balancing for about £120 ish. This sounds like a good price, except that I am not sure what actually this means and what it would achieve?

Would it help Mark? And also, is it good preventive maintenance. In other words, if my car has got 100K, would it be worth doing this next time the turbo is off the car, just because?

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
and they told me that they can strip a turbo and fit a new "core assembly" (IIRC) and check the balancing for about £120 ish. This sounds like a good price, except that I am not sure what actually this means and what it would achieve?  

[/b]
This is the centre section of the turbo minus the ehhaust and compressor housings and includes all the bearings and oil seals.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.