Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gone out to the car from work to find that some lovely kind person has nudged the front bumper which has split / flaked the paint, and broken the bumper on the side where it joins the wing!!!!!!!!!!

No Note, nothing!!!! Why cant people own up when they do something like this. I really am %$*& off now!!!!

It looks to me like a new bumper is needed because its broken on the side.

Any suggestions as to where to get one etc and how much you think I will have to pay??

Also is it easy to remove and fit?

I'll try and get some pics tonight of it and post up

Thanks Guys

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
I am probably wrong but will the bottom piece not push back in to the concertina bit at the side as the bumper is designed to flex and bounce back into shape at under a 5 mph impact, it looks like the paint has cracked because of the plastic flexing and the bottom part of the bumper has popped out of the concertina part due to flexing as well.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
......and what I dont understand is how there is two areas where the paint has cracked. Knowing what some of the 'people' drive like where I work they probabily hit it, reversed to turn harder and hit is again.....

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Ant, I know how it feels but here's my take. I don't drive new cars, all my cars are over 130,000 miles and although I still get peeved when some dick runs a shopping trolley into a door, I have to be realistic that the ding isn't going to suddenly make me fume about a new car.

Second take is that I'd do a can spray job on the bumper on the basis that if you were me, you'd know that within a week of spending a lot of money on getting a new bumper and getting it sprayed, some cousin of aforementioned dick will likely do it again so why not wait until both dicks have done their worst?

Sort of backward logic I know but it works for me!

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
I know the bumper comes apart with an inner and outer shell , with the spoiler going on the bottom, PM Ylee Coyote as i am sure he has taken them apart when fixing the carlsson, and it might just be a bracket where the inner joins onto the outer shell or body that is bent.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Have you thought of using someone like 'Chips Away', I've seen an article about how quite a nasty cracked/ damaged bumper on Porsche 911 was fixed in situ within hours, and it looked pretty good; reckoned they guaranteed the work for a couple of years too. Not sure about ££££££, it has to be cheaper than a whole damn bumper cover!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.