Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got around to finishing the stereo install on the project car and it sounds great! I ended up installing two amps with one 1500 watts for the subs and one 1000 watts for the component speakers in the doors. Tested the DVD player, rear camera functionality, new high gain antenna, and satellite radio - all functioning perfectly. Finished up the install on the door panels with the completion of the door speaker wiring. Having some trouble figuring out the wiring on the RealCar M3 mirrors (signals and power mirrors), so if anyone knows drop me a message.

Also, installed the MP Performance rear sway bar to the axle. With the reinforcements and the performance sway bar, it should be sufficiently stiff.

Enjoy!
Kevin

Yankton Tuned

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
I assume that with 450BHP to play with, the 5 or so BHP that the ICE system is likely to be demanding won't be a massive dent in the power department.
One point that you don't cover Kevin, but which could well be impportant, is the type of wiring you use for the ICE. 1KW and 1.5KW systems are very demanding on the cables used on a 12Volts car battery.
Which reminds me: are you using a secundary power source for the ICE? Your ordinary 12V battery is not going to last long otherwise .

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I started out thinking that the head unit was going to just drop right in, but like everything else on this car, it just needed "a little customization".

The dash opening is just too small and needs to be reworked to fit the head unit. Nothing super complicated, just time and imagination.

In regards to the wiring, the power and ground are 0/1 gauge with the yellow top Optima battery and the 140 amp alternator. If it has some problems, I can add a cap to provide that extra juice for high demand. Heck, if worse comes to worse, I already have an extra battery box and could wire in two batteries.

Later,
Kevin

1 - 6 of 6 Posts