Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(due to illness!) i got my local garage to fit a new head gasket on my G reg, 9000 s 2lt....which cost about £200! ouch!

the problem is now the engine keeps dying.it drives fine but if i'm coming up to a junction(1st gear,clutch eng.,braking)it dies and
if i'm stationery and still in gear but clutch engaged and turn the steering wheel to full lock the engine dies.

am guessing the root of this evil is a vacum hose?? any ideas guys??

·
Registered
552 Posts
The vacuum hoses are probably the first suspects, yes.

If the head's been off, check the breather hose from the rocker cover first. Then if your car has the two vacuum hoses going to a connector on the intake manifold, buried away between two of the intake pipes, check these.

Also, make sure the idle speed control valve is clean inside,(This is the silver tube sitting above the intake manifold) and that its electrical connector is plugged in.

Good luck!

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Also check the air pipe to the throttle body. The throttle body can get slippy and mine came off just after a head job.

All I had was a swiss army knife to use to get it fixed to get me home. It popped off 3 times more.

David.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.