Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings
I have a '97 9000CSE 2.0 LPT Anniversary with what I think is the factory audio/speakers etc with a Pioneer DEH-P6000R. Quite happy with this set up but more and more I lose audio from one side or the back or front sometimes over bumps other times not, sometimes it sounds as though I've gone deaf in one ear (its not me though) . Tried the obvious like connections etc but I am perplexed now........can anyone point me in the right direction.
Regards
Carey

·
Registered
243 Posts
Hi CareyH. By obvious connections do you mean at the speakers or at the wiring harness behind the unit or both? My first instinct would be to say it's a problem with the harness connection since it's not isolated to a single speaker. And because the unit wiring would have had to be spliced into the factory harness. Perhaps there is slight tension on the wiring which after hitting a bump loses the connection temporarily. I would suggest you pull the unit out and check the splice points. They might be just twisted together an taped with electrical tape. Not the best way, especially if it was a rush job. I hope this helps you, CareyH, and welcome to a great forum!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Chucktv for the reply.

I have made basic checks behind the unit and thereseems to be no tape that I can find by feel. I think I will have to do a more thorough investigation by removing things......weekend job!

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
The anniversary uses standard DIN connectors (well it also has an adaptor which converts one of the normal DIN connectors to a longer version so that the factory fit units only need two connectors for speakers, power and CD).

I have put a Blaupunkt and now a JVC unit into my Anniversary with no mods to the wiring.

I'd be tempted to take the unit out, check and reseat all the connectors.. failing that have you considered the possibility that the unit itself is faulty?

Steve

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.