Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I never jet wash engine bays, but I put the saab in for a full valet last week, when it came back the hazard lights work intermittently, more off than on, & don't work @ all now. Also the front flash doesn't work, yet all the other electrics are fine.
Anyone any ideas before I get charged loads of dosh by an auto-electrician ??
I have checked the fuse & had a quick look under the bonnet, making sure all the connections going into or near the lights are connected ok.

ps - can you tell I'm a saab newbie, aircon, exhaust & now electric problems

shunty (who's nearly skint now)

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
It's a shame your not coming to the North-west meet shunty as I could have had a look (for free)but you are in Blackpool on monday? unfortunately I'm working 8-5pm but if your expecting to still be around after 5pm I'll try and sort it for you as auto-electrics is part of my job.If you need me send a private message and we'll sort something

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mike h - cheers, never thought of that, gonna try that right now

saabman - that's very nice of you to offer mate, yes I am in blackpool monday from 8:30ish.....shame your working though, it would have been nice to meet up with you, look round your car etc.....
thanks for the offer anyway

shunty

·
Registered
865 Posts
ive pressure washed mine with no problems,but my saab guy wont do it ,he says everytime he has done it he has problems with car.i think if you are doing it you have to be very careful you dont blast elec. connections.by the way my engine was well covered in wd40.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
just used what I had left of wdsquirty....didn't have enough really, my flash came on a few times, but no hazards I noticed the hazard illumination works only when right hand indicators on, not left ?? sounds like a good dose of wd wil do the trick.
I'll get a big can on monday as getting mashed tomorrow for the match etc
brazil win 5-0, but rivaldo to break his leg

shunty

1 - 7 of 7 Posts