Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi There. I have a problem setting the time in my 2011 9.5. It goes like this. I get in the car every morning and she tells me it is Sunday 1st January 2006 and it is 12.00 am. After gps clicks in I set the proper time and date and it's fine until I stop the car. If I am in and out within 15 minutes all is well. Longer than that and I am back to 2006 and 12.00 am. The gps kicks in, the proper date comes back but the time needs reset again. So what am I doing wrong. Am I meant to save the time and if so where do I find this function. I do find this annoying but it has brought us closer together.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Sounds like a power issue - HU should have permenant 12V for memory - are you losing station presets as well?

Not that familiar with the new 9-5, is date held on radio or ECU?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Kevgib but it's all part of the Infotainment unit which houses the satnav, radio stations, car settings etc. Everything else is fine. I am sure someone with a 9.5 will reply as I note from this forum many people have small, annoying niggles with the new 9.5

·
Premium Member
7,086 Posts
welcome to SS

does it say anything in the manual regards setting the time ? could it be a permanent supply problem i.e fuse

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have read the manual front to back and cannot find anything. Maybe it's just going to be a Saab think. eg quirkiness. Used to it really, as I have had some Renaults in the past and they could be very quirky too

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi Ausman, I had the same problem with the infotainment keeping the right time, not the worst of problems but annoying none the less. At the same time my Sat Nav would reset to Belgium everytime I started the car and it stopped saving my last destinations. When I had my car serviced they said it needed a software update and it fixed the problem. I took my car to Bayhorse Autos in Blackburn, excellent techs and had the most recent disc for the update.

·
Premium Member
7,086 Posts
Is your car still under warranty, if not and not already done so become a member of saab service club and take advantage of the £9.99 software updates, assume they still have this deal

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Eaton and Kez. Car bought in Adelaide without any factory warranty though it was new when I bought it in 2013. Paid half price for it as GM dealers wanted them out. However, I do get it serviced by the GM dealer who was Adelaide Saab (also sells Holden and was the Hummer and Saab dealer) and I will mention a software update. Everything else (touch wood) is working fine. Actually the car is "miss August" in the 2014 Saabsunited Calender.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
have you a picture you can put up !!......sounds like you got a very good deal
Had a new car value here in SA in 2011 of Aus $71500 + on roads which would have added around a further $3500. When SAAB went belly up all unregistered SAABs had to be registered so they could not be sold as new cars as there was no factory warranty. So it sat as a demo/drive car until January this year. Had 3500K's on it when I bought it for $39000 driveaway for it. Funny though I have an agreed value insurance policy on with an agreed value for the next 12 months of $56500. (set by insurance company). Not a really good picture for "miss August" and I was surprised when they contacted me. Hopefully they will send me a free copy like they said they would.

·
Premium Member
7,086 Posts
theres a new 9-5 floating around near where I live and always catches my eye:) .............makes me wonder what deal they had !!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It is a nice car but parts could be a bit of a worry down the track. May sell it next year and buy one of the last 9.3s as I am liking driving Saabs. (this is my first). Funny thing is that as rare as these are worldwide and therefore even rarer in Australia another one like mine lives about 5 km away. I am yet to talk to the owner though.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same problem and the local gm dealership which took over service for t g e former saab dealership re flashed the system with a software update and it fixed all problems. Including wrong time and alwahs showing washington dc. As the default state. It also changed the saab logo on the screen to a slightly smaller one, my opinion is that it's a bit classier.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts