Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

firstly, Merry Christmas to all!

I'm intending to do a few bits and pieces to the old girl, not 'er indoors but my '92 2.L non turbo CDiS during the holidays. One is changing the ps fluid, which I know should be Saab's own brand. Is there an easy way of draining most of it out and just topping it up with the new fluid rather than doing a flush with 3 or 4 bottles of expensive fluid? I'm not overly worried if not all of the old fluid is removed as I presume that it will not adversely affect the new fluid to any appreciable degree. Thanks for your help.

Colin

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
There's a filter to change as well, but it's quite expensive, about £15 from memory. I probably wouldn't change the filter if I was doing it again. It wasn't that dirty after 110000 miles.

I sucked all the fluid out of the reservoir with the proverbial turkey baster, and then filled up with new fluid. Having run the car for a week, and turned the steering to full lock at either end several times to get all the fluid nicely mixed, I repeated the process. I may well have done it a third time (I carried on until I used all the fluid that I'd bought), after which it was pretty clean.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.