Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, need tried and tested ways of increasing the power of my 1996 2.0iS. Already got he Abbott exhaust, not that good for the cost though, stay clear!!!!

·
Registered
608 Posts
Its always a case of having to spending far more money to increase the power of a n/a engine, I cant fault the abbott system & downpipe for my 2.3t.

I havent really heard of any mods for n/a saabs, what about superchips are they listing anything.

One of the reason I bought my turbo saab was that it was fairly cheap to achieve more power, my wife has my old Audi 2.016V which I spend over !1500 to get a 20bhp increase !

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
I concur with saab90002.3t..

If you need performance then you need to trade your car in for a turbo. Turbocharging provides cheap performance and the advantage (particularly with older Saabs) is that they are over-engineered and the turbo engines are easily capable of putting out another 60bhp above the stock power figure. Gaining another 60bhp can be safely done for less than a grand as well.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
saab 900 2.0is for sale haha. seriously, thanks for your input guys/girls. looks like im stuck with chenks now

1 - 6 of 6 Posts