Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My next job on Scaero and the Carly (other than trying to snag that data logger if it arrives...) is to fit the mass of poly bushes I bought Saturday.

So Some questions,

1. Has anyone changed the steering rack bushes with the rack in? is it a complete parentless child?

2. Where can I get the washers for the bottom of the front roll bar drop arms. Does anyone know the size, width and centre hole size

3. The rear roll bar may have siezed bolts so someone said. did the bolts snap before or after a liberal dose of wd40/plusgas?

4. the '93 aero has 19mm front and rear roll bars (and I'm to order those bushes this week as JandJ had run out on Sat). The '91 carly has from 1st measures got 19mm front and 18mm rear. I bought 18 front and back. has anyone tried fitting 18mm bushes to the 19mm bar. does it make much difference, does the gap close etc. Do I need to order another 19mm set or try to excahnge the 18's I've got?

5. which way round do the roll bar bushes go. Th saab ones are spliut on the base, the poly bushes on the side. Which was round (F & R) have you put yours.

6. Finally, do Elkparts do a drop arm to roll bar bush, or doi we conr=tinue to use the saab rubber one?

Andrew

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Hi Andrew,

That Julian character has a lot to answer for. He also sold me a set of poly bushes though I've resisted the steering rack ones upto now and he had run out of 19mm rear ones but still got me to pay for them! Not yet checked whether my 96 2.3T CSE has 18 or 19mm bars.
Anyway check out this site for details of bush fitting - guy says steering rack has to come out.
Electric dream Saab

Let us know what difference the bushes make.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Andrew,

Do you mean the concaved washers on the link arm (two on each side)
If so the part no. is 8960171 - get them from julian or german & sweedish.

Or wait a month or two cos superflex will have the link arm available (not sure tho if it will come with said washers)

Damo

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Morning all

Adrian, if I remember correctly you insisted on paying for the rear bushes upfront. I distinctly remember this as John and I both thought it was completely out of character!!!

19mm bushes should be in this week - no problems with exchanging them Andrew.

The drop arm to roll bar bush is under development at Superflex and we have a set 'out in the field' on test. Should be available in a month or two I think.

Roll bar bushes can go either way round.

Steering rack needs disconnecting at the track rod ends but I don't think it requires removing from the car completely. By all accounts it is a sod of a job.

Julian

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Hi Andrew,
Can I take it you would be interested in the data-logger? If so could you let me know on that topic. Having a hard time convincing my better half that this won't just be another black hole in our finances....
Nick.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts