Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have now had my front front Superflex poly bushes replaced by standard Saab ones. The result - no real difference in handling and a MUCH smoother ride! So, do consider the added harshness effects if you choose to replace these.

To confirm, I have the front rear wishbones in Abbott poly.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd be interested to see how you get on with them. Personally, I am glad I removed them. I also intend to remove the front anti-roll bar drop link bushes this week as I really do want a car that is comfy as well as sporty.

It is possible that I might be a little more sensitive than most to vibrations. Or, something (ie. slight wheel buckle) might be causing a little extra vibration which is emphasised by the poly bushes.

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
i have bought them too !!!

however the car will not be used as a everyday cruiser anymore (if I can get 'er indoors prised out of it !!)

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
If it's any consolation Ylee I found vibration actually decreased after fitting the drop link poly bushes

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Maybe because your old ones were worn? Can't believe that poly would ever possibly decrease vibrations.  [/b]
Oh yes that's almost certainly true Jez. Of course being a tight fisted b-----d I wouldn't have fitted them unless the old ones were knackered

1 - 7 of 7 Posts