Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been unhappy with the ride quality/harshness of my 9000 for sometime, having spent out on sports suspension, poly bushes and 17" wheels.

Removed the poly front ARB bushes today and replaced them with standard Saab ones.

Having done a few miles now, I can report that this change has shed a lot of the cars harshness.

I cannot tell exactly what effect it has had on the handling as I had a SAS rear arb fitted at the same time.

I expect many will be happy to live with lots of poly bushes. However, personally, I bought the Aero in the first place as I wanted a comfortable, fast executive cruiser. I have restored some of the comfort that it has lacked in the last year or so.

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
Jez,

Having done the same after fitting 18" wheels, I'm happy to report that my fillings now feel a lot safer
. I was actually a stage further than you with the drop link bushes being poly as well.

There's been no great reduction in responsiveness to my mind; I reckon that the reason most folk report an improvement is 'cos their old rubber ones were on the way out anyway. The only downside is that you will need to replace the rubber ones more often as they wear a lot quicker.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mark, you're spot on there, I reckon. Same for almost all of the bushes.

I have de-poly'd other bits too, to good effect. I had front (front) wishbones and drop link bushes in poly for a very short time and the ride really was horrible. Ditto (I know this is unusual) when I had the Abbott gearebox bush fitted and quickly replaced with rubber.

With the strut brace and rear SAS ARB fitted, I don't think my car has ever handled better, so I really don't think the bushes make that much difference. Having said that, I think you can get away with a full poly car if you are running standard wheels and stock suspension a la Scearo.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.