Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everybody,

I did a scan today ( Delphi ) and got the following errors.

What should I be worried about ? Is there a need to change the BCM module and / or other components ?

The car however is running fine and I have no messages on the SID.

Saab 93, 1.9 TiD, MY 2006, SportCombi Vector, Automatic, engine Z19DTH.

Thank you kindly in advance.

Instrument (Instrument - Infotainment Display ICM)
DTC Description
B1023 - SIDC (Saab information display controls), incorrect
- Intermittent
B3057 - Control unit not programmed
- Permanent

Immobiliser (Immobiliser - Diagnose CIM)
DTC Description
U1501 - Communication Ignition switch
- Intermittent
- Intermittent
B3981 - No Identifier Received from Passenger Door
- Intermittent
B2915 - No Identifier Received from Infotainment display
- Intermittent
C0547 - Steering column comms control unit; communication faulty
- Intermittent

Restraints (Airbag - Airbag Control Module)
DTC Description
80200F0 - Unknown fault code

Multifunction (Body - BCM (Body control module))
DTC Description
B2976 - Door switch left front, open circuit/short circuit to B+
- Intermittent
U2130 - Communication, CAN bus
- Intermittent
U2132 - Communication, CAN bus
- Intermittent

Multifunction (Doors - DDM (Driver door module))
DTC Description
B2635 - Interior light, shorted to ground
- Intermittent

Multifunction (Rear El. (REC) (Rear electronics) - Rear electrical center (Rear
electronic center))

DTC Description
B2570 - Boot lighting; open circuit
- Intermittent

Multifunction (Steering wheel electronics - CIM (Column Integration Module))
DTC Description
- Intermittent
- Intermittent
B3981 - No Identifier Received from Passenger Door
- Intermittent
B2915 - No Identifier Received from Infotainment display
- Intermittent
C0547 - Steering column comms control unit; communication faulty
- Intermittent

Multifunction (Under hood (UEC) (Under Hood El. Center) - Under Hood El.
Center (Under hood electronic center))

DTC Description
B2699 - Low beam right, open short circuit
B2575 - Low beam left, open short circuit

·
Registered
284 Posts
Clear them all and see if any return if the car is running fine.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,
thank you kindly for your answer.
Here's what I did today :

1. I connected the scanner and erased all error codes
2. I disconnected the battery for about 1 hour
3. Reconnected the battery
4. Started a first scan with engine on, did a full scan ( ISS - Intelligent System scan )
5. Drove for 10 minutes and did a second scan.

In both cases I had just these error codes :

Instrument (Instrument - Infotainment Display ICM)
DTC Description
B1023 - SIDC (Saab information display controls), incorrect
- Intermittent
B3057 - Control unit not programmed
- Permanent

Multifunction (Body - BCM (Body control module))
DTC Description
U2130 - Communication, CAN bus
- Intermittent
U2132 - Communication, CAN bus
- Intermittent

I guess I should replace the BCM ?
Then, how can the ICM be programmed ? It says "permanent" ...

Thank you in advance fr your answers.

·
Administrator
5,122 Posts
you need tech2 with the saab programming software on it..

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi, thank you.
Can you please help me understand ... the ICM is not programmed. But programmed to do what ? It's been working fine ever since I bought the car 3 years and a half ago ...
So what the heck is the purpose of "programming" the device ?
Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Also, I can live with the ICM not being programmed, what I'm afraid of ... it's the BCM and the CanBus issue. Is it bad ? Needs to be changed ?
Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, thank you.
Can you please help me understand ... the ICM is not programmed. But programmed to do what ? It's been working fine ever since I bought the car 3 years and a half ago ...
So what the heck is the purpose of "programming" the device ?
Thanks
Got the same code B3057. Did you figure out the problem?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Got the same code B3057. Did you figure out the problem?
The reality is there is a not a one size fits all when it comes to codes. There are some know problems of certain systems, however without further diagnose and information it would all be guessing. What are you using for diagnostic equipment? The 3057 is a generic code for any module not programmed in any certain system and is not specific to the ICM, is the code from the same system?

·
Registered
90 Posts
The Tek 2 is the only real solution if you can find someone who has one and has Saab knowledge.

I had a problem with my windows on the convertible not doing the up/down thing on one side when the roof was raised. Tek 2 revealed at some point someone had swapped the driver's window switches for a non convertible one.

Doubt I would ever have figured that out without the tek 2. I've not changed the switch though now, doesnt seem worth the cost and trouble

·
Registered
5 Posts
The Tek 2 is the only real solution if you can find someone who has one and has Saab knowledge.

I had a problem with my windows on the convertible not doing the up/down thing on one side when the roof was raised. Tek 2 revealed at some point someone had swapped the driver's window switches for a non convertible one.

Doubt I would ever have figured that out without the tek 2. I've not changed the switch though now, doesnt seem worth the cost and trouble
There are some other options available now other then the Tech2. Many low cost interfaces/software can communicate with all the modules and some do have bidirectional capabilities. There are also some other options that give full access just as the Tech2 does.

·
Registered
90 Posts
There are some other options available now other then the Tech2. Many low cost interfaces/software can communicate with all the modules and some do have bidirectional capabilities. There are also some other options that give full access just as the Tech2 does.
Yes obviously it depends what you want to pay. I have a £50 OBD which has proved useful in clearing ECL and narrowing down some problems. I believe even with Tek 2 types you do need to have some kind of contract if you want your advanced device to have access to the Saab database.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yes obviously it depends what you want to pay. I have a £50 OBD which has proved useful in clearing ECL and narrowing down some problems. I believe even with Tek 2 types you do need to have some kind of contract if you want your advanced device to have access to the Saab database.
The basic ODB only gives access to engine. What I am referring to are the devices that cost a little more then $100 USD that can access all the modules without any subscription cost. Most of the DIY use the cracked versions of the software that can be used with the OE and the fake Tech2. The MDI is also a very good option as it does not require a serial port or adapter to work and has all of the abilities as the Tech2. The Drewtech GM Pro 2 also works just like the Tech2 and also does not require a serial port or adapter although the cost at $500 USD is on the heavy side for the DIY. There are some other options, however they require some technical ability to get working.

·
Registered
90 Posts
The basic ODB only gives access to engine. What I am referring to are the devices that cost a little more then $100 USD that can access all the modules without any subscription cost. Most of the DIY use the cracked versions of the software that can be used with the OE and the fake Tech2. The MDI is also a very good option as it does not require a serial port or adapter to work and has all of the abilities as the Tech2. The Drewtech GM Pro 2 also works just like the Tech2 and also does not require a serial port or adapter although the cost at $500 USD is on the heavy side for the DIY. There are some other options, however they require some technical ability to get working.
I expect they cost more here in the UK!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts