Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have just purchased a 9000s 1990 and when i turn on the ignition there is a whihing sound from the rear passenger side it sounds like a motor running. it remains constant in pitch weather i am driving or at a standstill has anyone out there got any ideas as its rather annoying.

Also there is a bit of play in the stearing is there anything I can look at or for to check what the problem might be

many thanks

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks how do i go about finding out wich if any is responseable and where do I find them on the car

many thanks and all I can say is that it is better than a mondeo. so nice to be different

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Originally posted by tristian:
[qb]thanks how do i go about finding out wich if any is responseable  and where do I find them on the car

[/qb][/b]
If it's the fans, you can turn them off on the ACC controls.

(My nearside one whirs a bit. It gets a bit annoying. I suppose I should fix it
)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hi thanks but I havent got acc just the normal heating switches. I have just been poking around and it seems to be loudest near the rear box of the exhaust somewhere around the back axle?? think it night be the fuel pump. also any clues on how to fix the seabelt sign I tried the bulb looked at the wiring still no joy but all the other internal lights work except for the lights inset into the doors the redand white ones just annoying niggles really gotta say i wish i had bought a saab 9000 years ago. cant wait till I lose some of my points and get a better speced version or a turbo.

·
Registered
662 Posts
lift up the flap in the boot well and stick yer head down there!(with engine running of course!) .as the fuel pump is in the tank right under the spare wheel.if its comming from there,i would say fuel pump.

simon

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ouch ahwell guess ill have to fit a stereo and keep it loud then. thanks for all the advice

next quick question the drivers side electrics are acting up ie no set heater, seatbelt warning light, curtesy light or in door saftey lights any ideas. I just love this car after 4/5 cars i wasnt happy with i think i have found the right car for me with plentry of niggly bits to sort out.

many thanks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.